An ex-BitTorrent executive went on a rant about the planned Tron-based BitTorrent token. BitTorrent then quickly fired back debunking most of the criticism.
To sum up two long-ish and semi-technical story:
- Tron acquired BitTorrent last year.
- Tron/BitTorrent is launching a BitTorrent Token (BTT). Make sure to keep up to date on the BTT airdrop for Tron holders.
- A former BitTorrent executive who left the company after the acquisition, but who helped develop the idea of BitTorrent token, went on a rant against BTT, Tron, and Tron’s CEO.
- The rant basically said BTT is conceptually brilliant, but Tron can’t handle the amount of transactions needed for BTT to work properly, and Tron’s CEO Justin Sun is only a marketer and not technical.
- The fireback from BitTorrent basically said. Yeah, agree, BTT is conceptually brilliant as we all know, and we are doing a hybrid off-chain / on-chain solution that will address the issue of transactions, and our team of people who are technical and aren’t the face of the company Justin Sun are working on it. Thanks.
In short, angry ex-BitTorrent guy FUDs BTT…
Now, should we discuss how the article talking about this dropped right when Tron was at the top of an epic run due to BTT and the entire crypto market was poised for a breakout (*cough**cough* CoinTelegraph)?
Well, I don’t think we should; why bother with details like that, when it all boils down to conjecture anyway.
I would however say, it is worth reading the BTT white paper and hearing what BitTorrent has to say and not just focusing on what the skeptics and angry ex-employees think.