DeadCoins (Taking a Look at the Cryptocurrency Graveyard)
Deadcoins.com offers a list of every crypto that didn’t make it. Taking a look at the cryptocurrency graveyard can be a sobering reminder that not every crypto recovers.
Essentially what you’ll find are:
- Coins that were popular but just didn’t stand the test of time, like Tenebrix and FairBrix. These stand as a reminder that what is popular today won’t necessarily survive the next cycle.
- Coins that were never popular and then fizzled out and died, like solid coin. This stands as a reminder that not every ICO or new token is fit to HODL.
- Coins that got hacked and died that way, like UltraNote (a DigitalNote fork). Even a great project can be doomed by a hack… that said, UltraNote was not a great project and the reality is even massive hacks don’t typically take down the best coins (ETC is a great example).
- Scam coins like Bitcoonneeeeeeeect that made some people bank and ruined many more. This stands as a reminder that some cryptos really are scams.
- Joke coins like Useless Ethereum Token. Joke coins are often clearly marked as a joke, sometimes they become big like Doge, usually they drift away down the river of shhcoins. This stands as a reminder not to spend your crypto on coins that are created as a joke.
In all Deadcoins.com is a good resource and a good reminder that while many coins stand the test of time, some coins really do die.