- Go to www.myetherwallet.com.
- Click on the “View Wallet Info” tab
- Click “Add Custom Token” on the right hand side under “token balances”
- Enter the contract address, the number of decimals, and the token symbol (this information will be given to you buy the contract creator; in the cases of ICOs, the entity that created the ICO).
- Click “Save”
You now have your the tokens that were sent your MyEtherWallet!
For more information see MyEtherWallet’s How to Add / Send / View Custom Tokens on MyEtherWallet.
EX. For the Unikoin Gold token (which was launched as an ICO), the following information is needed:
- Token Contract Address: 0x24692791Bc444c5Cd0b81e3CBCaba4b04Acd1F3B
- Token Symbol:UKG
- Decimals: 18
These general instructions apply to all Ethereum based tokens and wallets (ERC-20 tokens and wallets). Thus, most ICOs will require you to do this. The steps are slightly different for each wallet, but the gist is the same. The key is having an ERC-20 wallet, having tokens sent to you, and then denoting the contract address, the number of decimals, and token symbol (so your tokens can display).
TIP: You can check your token and ether balances on ethplorer.io.
TIP: Once you have your tokens loaded into your wallet you can send/receive them just like you send/receive ether (to send in MyEtherWallet just toggle the dropdown that says “ETH” next to “amount to send” and pick the symbol of the token you want to send; simply share your public address to receive).
- How do I create a custom token in MEW (www.myetherwallet.com)?
- MyEtherWallet’s How to Add / Send / View Custom Tokens on MyEtherWallet
"How To Create a Custom Token in MyEtherWallet (How to Add a Token)" contains information about the following Cryptocurrencies:
Ethereum / Ether (ETH)