Coinbase will now list Ripple (XRP). Finally, it is really happening. XRP fans rejoice. XRP will start trading on Coinbase Pro first.
In short here is what you need to know:
- First it will be deposit only on Coinbase Pro.
- Then it will be post orders only on Coinbase Pro (won’t be less than 12 hours from the initial announcement).
- Then live trading will start.
- Then, one would assume, some time after that XRP would launch on Coinbase Consumer (the Coinbase app on your phone that makes buying crypto easy).
UPDATE: Live trading has started on XRP on Coinbase Pro and XRP is now tradable on Coinbase.com. Thus XRP trading is live across the board.
When XRP?? Now! XRP/USD, XRP/EUR, and XRP/BTC order books will soon enter transfer-only mode, accepting inbound transfers of XRP in supported regions. Orders cannot be placed or filled. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for a minimum of 12 hours. https://t.co/MWUtUm4wRh
— Coinbase Pro (@CoinbasePro) February 25, 2019
After 10am on February 25, 2019 we will begin accepting inbound transfers of XRP to Coinbase Pro. We will accept deposits for a minimum of 12 hours prior to enabling full trading. Please note that inbound transfers require the specification of an XRP destination tag.
Once sufficient supply of XRP is established on the platform, trading on the XRP/USD, XRP/EUR, and XRP/BTC order books will start in phases, beginning with post-only mode and proceeding to full trading should our metrics for a healthy market be met. XRP trading will initially be accessible for Coinbase Pro users in the US (excluding NY), UK, supported European Union member nations, Canada, Singapore, and Australia. Additional jurisdictions may be added at a later date.
We will send tweets from our Coinbase Pro Twitter account as each order book moves through the following phases:
- Transfer-only. Starting after 10am PT on Feb. 25, customers will be able to transfer XRP into their Coinbase Pro account. Customers will not yet be able to place orders and no orders will be filled on these order books. Order books will be in transfer-only mode for at least 12 hours.
- Post-only. In the second stage, customers can post limit orders but there will be no matches (completed orders). Order books will be in post-only mode for a minimum of one minute.
- Limit-only. In the third stage, limit orders will start matching but customers are unable to submit market orders. Order books will be in limit-only mode for a minimum of ten minutes.
- Full trading. In the final stage, full trading services will be available, including limit, market, and stop orders.
"Coinbase is Launching XRP For Real!" contains information about the following Cryptocurrencies: